About Me

I'm 36, 37 this year...40 is just around the corner. In fact, I can see the top of the hill. The top doesn't bother me. It's that other side I'm a little concerned about. Everything to this point has been expected. College, marriage, kids, home. But, what's next? 40...not too long ago that was so much older than it is now. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier. (Well, some days I could) But overall, life is good. Good, and tiresome. So, here's a peek into my days of grudgingly making my way up that hill, three kids and hubby in tow.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just a reminder!

I have to admit something. This may come as a shock to you. Brace yourself. This is heavy...I don't always like what I see in the mirror. Really, there are some days I hardly recognize myself. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate myself or think I'm hideous or anything like that. But I definitely could use improvement. Which is why I am always working on me.

And I'm not just talking about the exterior. Yeah, the age thing is going to happen. There's really no fighting that. Yesterday at the dermatologist's office I saw several people actively fighting it. That alone is not a pretty picture. And the hair...my hair has a different personality every day and I really only like 2 or 3 of them. So, I color. I straighten. I grow. I cut. I do what I have to do. Then there's the body...ugh. For the good majority of us, the older we get the rounder we get. And, our body parts are drawn closer and closer to the ground (thank you, gravity). In order to prevent this, we must cut out all the yummy junk food and exercise. Yippee...

But there's more to it. There's also stuff on the inside. There are those ideas of who I should be; where I should be; what I should have accomplished in my life 'by now'. There are the doubts about things I've done. And there are questions about things ahead. And so I work on these things as well. Keeping my focus where it should be, thinking on the right things, always being aware of the potential distractions. This is a constant battle for me.

But, I am reminded today as I look in the mirror at this aging, crazy-haired, overweight, self-doubting creature that God loves me right where I am. He knows every thought. He knows every hair. And He loves me. Sure, He wants me to keep striving for the better me. Only because He knows that will make me happy. But none of that will change a bit of what's in His heart for me. NOTHING ever will...


No comments:

Post a Comment