I recently had the opportunity to participate in a 4-week book study with a group of pretty incredible ladies. We read and discussed Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity, which I HIGHLY suggest every woman read. I gained so many things from the time I spent with these ladies and our discussions. But, there is one thing that has stayed in the forefront of my mind and I want to share it with you...YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE.
You are not the only one that doesn't always like what you see in the mirror.
You are not the only one that loses your temper and regrets the behavior that comes with it.
You are not the only one that has messed up.
You are not the only one that doesn't have time to clean the baseboards and ceiling fans.
You are not the only one that argues with your spouse.
You are not the only one that feels alone.
You are not the only one that can't fit into your jeans on 'certain' days.
You are not the only one that has been taken advantage of.
You are not the only one that questions your parenting ability.
You are not the only one that looks around in a crowd and thinks to yourself "I don't belong here."
You are not the only one that wants to change things about yourself (your size, your hair, your skin, your sense of humor, your ability to make friends, your attitude).
You are not the only one. In fact, we have all been through these moments. That's right...everyone deals with these thoughts. Even her...the one you think has it all together. What matters is how long we stay there. Some of us dwell in these thoughts. But, listen to me closely, we don't have to. The choice is ours. We know ourselves. We know we are human. We know we are imperfect. We know we have made mistakes. And we know we'll make more. BUT, we also know we are smart. We also know we are beautiful. We also know we are loved. I encourage you, dwell there. You are loved. And if we stop 'measuring ourselves up' to what we believe everyone else IS, then we can also know that they are human. They are imperfect. They have made and will make mistakes. But we can love them.
About Me
- Kristi
- I'm 36, 37 this year...40 is just around the corner. In fact, I can see the top of the hill. The top doesn't bother me. It's that other side I'm a little concerned about. Everything to this point has been expected. College, marriage, kids, home. But, what's next? 40...not too long ago that was so much older than it is now. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier. (Well, some days I could) But overall, life is good. Good, and tiresome. So, here's a peek into my days of grudgingly making my way up that hill, three kids and hubby in tow.
You are so right on~It has taken me WAY to long to come close to getting it, most days!! Don't be concerned about what's over the hill, I'm not really sure that we ever get to the top until we are with Him! Then Heaven is over the top.
ReplyDelete